Best Place to Buy Gold ☛ Our #1 Pick Revealed
Looking for the best place to buy gold? In this article we’ll examine few of the leading contenders and reveal our top pick.
Deciding to make investments is a choice that’s easy to do and wise for your future. Actually making those investments, however, can be a little more difficult. People’s reasons for purchasing gold may differ, but one thing is for certain: you need to be smart in choosing your gold source. In this digital age, it’s easy to encounter scammers and find yourself out thousands of dollars with nothing to show for it when getting gold online.
It’s critical to buy from a reputable gold dealer or other precious-metal outfit. If you have done a lot of research already about the type of gold that you are going to purchase, then you are halfway done. Figuring out the best place to buy gold is your last step before actually buying it.
Some Things to Consider
There are various things that you ought to consider when looking for a good dealer online. These points will help keep you safe and ensure you are getting the product you want.
- A good online dealer will have a stellar online reputation. It is important to read reviews from previous customers to see if they were satisfied with their interaction or not.
- Dealers who do not have clearly outlined shipping policies are ones to avoid. You need to be sure that your gold is insured and shipped securely. A good dealer will always provide you with a tracking number.
- Good dealers to choose should also offer you different purchase methods, including credit/debit, checks, or wire transfers. Be wary of a dealer who demands you only use one specific method or requires you to use Western Union. If the deal turns out to be a scam, you have no way of getting your money returned to you with this service.
- You have to remember that, the bigger the gold bars are, the higher the price is going to be. Also keep in mind that, just because a gold dealer offers you a specific price one day and the price is higher the next week, this does not mean that the dealer is unsavory. The price of gold fluctuates daily, and the dealer is merely adjusting his price to reflect the market. This is why many dealers don’t even list the price of bullion on the site and require you to phone in for pricing. Don’t be put off by this as it is common practice.
Top Places to Buy Gold
These are some of the best websites on the internet that stock precious metals at competitive prices.
Regal Assets is perhaps one of the best-known precious metals dealers online and is listed as an official retailer with the U.S. Mint. Unlike other sites that sell gold, this company focuses on the investment side just as much as it does on the easy purchasing when it comes to product selection. You can buy everything from 1-gram gold bars to 10-ounce bullion, but in addition, the company also provides several investment packages: Gold and precious metal IRAs, 401k rollovers and even offer a free Gold Investment Kit to help get you started.
- Personalized Service – Whether you decide to purchase metals or transfer your IRA to gold, you are assigned a personal Account Executive who manages your investments and is available for assistance anytime.
- Storage Options – If you do not want to keep your gold at home, Regal Assets has available third-party storage vaults in the United States as well as offshore. Offshore is a big advantage as your assets become legally “non-reportable”.
- Trustworthiness – Most customers report a higher-than-average level of trust in this company’s practices and investment expertise. There are literally hundreds of happy customer testimonials on their site.
- Selection – Regal Assets doesn’t have the most massive selection when it comes to actual products, though this is a minor niggle.
Overall, Regal Assets is an invaluable site as far as investments go. It’s not just a shopping site; it’s like having your own knowledgeable investment advisor around to help you, whether you’re a beginner or have some experience purchasing precious metals. If you’re just in the mood to shop for coins and bullion, you might want to look elsewhere for a broader variety of products. If you want to leave no stone unturned and no question unanswered while securing your future, head to Regal Assets.
Regal Assets is our top pick for best place to buy gold. We recommend that you test the water by requesting their invaluable free gold investment kit.
APMEX is one of the most trusted gold dealers on the Internet. The company offers a wide range of metals and other currency products, not just gold. The gold products it does offer range in size from 1 gram to 1,000 ounces, and many of them are derived from government mints from countries around the world. Spot prices are updated every 60 seconds on the site, so you can be sure that you are paying the right amount.
- Great Selection – If you would like to have a lot of choices when you purchase, you can be sure that APMEX can offer you the item you are searching for.
- Competitive Prices – The prices are good considering that it is one of the top sites to purchase precious metals from. Typically, most items are around $8 over spot price to purchase if they are several grams, but the larger the weight of the item, the higher the price over spot you will pay.
- Offers Free Shipping – No matter where you are, you will be sent the gold that you have ordered (or any other metal) free of charge.
- Shipping May Take Time – Depending on your location, there may be instances when shipping will not be immediate and it can take weeks to get your product. This does not occur if you use the company’s Quick Ship service (which mails your product out within one day of receiving your funds).
APMEX is probably our runner up to the best place to buy gold online right now. From its wide selection of products to purchase coupled with a superior buying experience for many customers, you should consider this site, as it has tons of items to choose from.
This company was founded in response to people’s need to get more variety in their selections when it comes to their search for precious metals. This company offers various items and great services. Provident also runs its own vault where you can securely store your precious metals.
- Various Selections – Provident offers most precious metals, even copper, in many different forms. The company also sells home storage supplies including magnifying glasses, scales, and gold testers.
- Great Condition of Items – Most customers report that their items arrived in excellent condition and exceeded their expectations.
- Free Shipping – The fact that shipping is free can help you save more in the long run.
- Long Shipping Time – Customer service takes a lot of time to respond to any questions or concerns you may have, and the shipping is also not as efficient.
If you are not too concerned that it will take a long time before the product that you have ordered will arrive, the selections that Provident Metals can offer you will help you diversify your metals portfolio. The vault service is exceptionally rated and provides a smart option if you do not want to keep your metals at home.
This is one of the biggest sellers of gold and silver coins online. If you are searching for just about any kind of coin, you can find it here. Metals available include gold, silver, copper, palladium, and platinum. You can also sell coins to the company.
- Rare Coins Available – If there are some coins that you have been searching for quite a long time, you can be sure that this company will give you what you need.
- Fast Shipping – Want to see your precious coin at the soonest possible time? You can rely on the company’s fast shipping.
- Other Selections Unavailable – If you are not too interested in purchasing gold coins and would like to look for other gold products instead, the company does not have a huge selection. It does sell bullion and grams from PAMP, but the selection is limited.
If coins are your thing, this could be a good place to check out. If you have not purchased gold items before and would like to get started in investing by buying coins, this could be worth checking out.
Gold and Silver was started by a retired gold investment advisor and features a team of strategic specialists to help you find your ideal gold products. As its name indicates, this site specializes in gold and silver, but does have some copper available as well.
- Easy Ordering – Very straightforward ordering and purchasing process.
- Advice Available – If you are not sure about your purchase and would like to get the best deal, you can seek help from the team and they will gladly advise you about what options suit you best.
- Trustworthy – You can be sure that the products you get are in mint condition and they look the same as their pictures on the site.
- High Shipping Costs – Even though there may be some coupons available for this, the shipping is a bit high compared to other online metals stores, especially those that offer free shipping.
If you would like a company that will give you all the needed information that you have to know regarding your purchases, Gold and Silver is there to help. This is a level of trust that is difficult to find in the industry, and you can be sure that the products you purchase here are authentic and high quality.
Best Place to Buy Gold: The Verdict
Based on the features that are mentioned above, choosing the right place to purchase your gold for investment is actually pretty easy online. As a complete, one-stop shop, Regal Assets earns the top spot when ranking these sites as our no 1 pick for best place to buy gold. You are unlikely to find more thorough investment advice or better customer service anywhere online, no matter what your goals are when purchasing gold.
The second-best place to buy gold is APMEX because it is known to be one of the most trusted websites around and has been since its beginnings. It may not be the best place to buy gold but from the various items that are available to the competitive prices, you can find just about whatever you need.
The third-best place to buy gold is Provident because of the excellent customer service and the free shipping, and the vault is very convenient and secure. The selection is a bit lower compared to APMEX, however, and you won’t find any investment advice here like you will at Regal Assets.
Now you know a bit more about the best place to buy gold, you can go ahead and check out our top 10 best gold companies or get started now with our #1 recommended broker.